San Diego’s most diverse and celebrated neighborhood, will once again be hosting the San Diego County Credit Union Festival (SDCCU) of Arts in North Park on Saturday, May 11th, 2019 from 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM. This unique and vibrant neighborhood festival brings out over 40,000 people from all over San Diego County to celebrate and enjoy live music, art, crafts, delicious food and some of San Diego’s top Craft Beers.
This celebration of the historic and eclectic North Park neighborhood attracts more than 40,000 attendees from around San Diego and beyond. There is something for all ages at this nine square block festival, including interactive exhibits, local makers, fine art and an array of live music. New this year is the Silent Disco where participants can.
For those looking for adult libations, cocktails and craft beer will be featured in the festival’s Craft Beer Block. Entry is free for those 21 and over. Attendees are invited to enjoy full 12 ounce pours of their favorite beer for purchase or enjoy a little bit of everything and buy a wrist band to sample and sip from the region’s best brewers. All of this is in one place, plus free entertainment and the ever-popular Craft Beer Karaoke.The new Craft Beer Block is a sure crowd pleaser!
“Our neighborhood is driven by its diversity and creativity, and the festival celebrates this through a variety of art forms,” said Angela Landsberg, Executive Director of North Park Main Street. “We have created daytime and evening experiences for every local and visitor to North Park to enjoy. Families can come for the day and music goers will enjoy the variety of local and regional indie rock, folk, funk and DJ sounds on our four stages. This day truly goes beyond the traditional art festival.”
There is something for everyone, including fun for the kids, the “Make & Create” area that will provide the opportunity to participate in interactive activities designed to stimulate, inspire imaginations and create masterpieces. Local dance troupes will perform throughout the day; face painters, crafters and family-friendly snacks will be available.
SDCCU Festival of the Arts in North Park website.
100 + Artists
- Artwork available for viewing and sale will include paintings, photography, pottery, live urban
street art and handmade jewelry.
Gallery in the Street Fine Art & DJ Block
- Enjoy local and regional fine art for viewing or purchase in a swanky lounge atmosphere with DJ music and refreshments. It’s a great place to kick back and relax while you take in the finer side of things.
Live Art Block
- Local street artists will once again put on a show that amazes. See their magic as they transform everyday items into pieces of art right before your eyes. Music and a hip vibe bring this part of the festival to a new level.
6 Performance Stages
- A variety of musical performances will include indie, pop rock, world music, blues, spoken word performances and DJ music.
Craft Beer Block
- Free and open to ages 21 and up. Guests may purchase full beer pours or buy a wristband and enjoy an opportunity to sip 2-ounce samples of North Park’s best brews
Event proceeds benefit North Park Main Street, the non-profit organization committed to the development of the North Park Business Improvement District. Public street parking is available, in addition to a four-story public parking garage on 29th street. Parking will be available at a discounted rate for the day. It is recommended to use various car services as well. Everyone is encouraged to drink responsibly and not drink and drive.